Creating Entity Selections Based on Filtering Criteria
Use the SmartSelect command to create selection sets based on filtering criteria.
To create selection sets based on filtering criteria:
- Type SmartSelect at the command prompt.
- In the dialog box, in Apply to, select whether the criteria applies to the entire drawing or the current selection set, if one exists.
To specify entities in the graphics area, click , then press Enter.
- In Entity, select whether to apply the criteria to a specific entity type or select Multiple to apply the criteria to all types.
- In Property, select a property for which you want to define a filter expression.
- In Operator, select the operator for the filter expression.
- For Value, type a filter value. Available values are extracted from the drawing. For example, if you set Property to Layer, Value displays a list with all layer names.
- Set Selection results:
- Add to Selection Set: Creates a selection set of entities that match the criteria.
- Remove from Selection Set: Creates a selection set of entities that do not match the criteria.