For many commands, especially the commands for modifying and detailing entities, you need to select drawing entities.
To select entities, you do not enter a separate command. Instead, you use selection tools.
To select entities:
- Enter a command that requires you to select entities.
The following prompt appears:
- To view all options for entity selection, specify the ? option:
Specify entities» ?
Expects a point or Window, Last, Crossing, Box, All, Fence, WPolygon, CPolygon, Group, Add, Remove, Previous, Undo, Auto, Single
- In the graphics area, select entities.
Selections are highlighted by default.
All entities you select are added to a selection set.
To fine tune entity selection, see Applying Entity Selection Methods.
- Continue adding entities to the selection set or removing entities from it. To remove previously selected entities from the selection set, press Shift and select an entity.
- After selecting all desired entities, finish the selection by pressing Enter.
The current command resumes.