Creating Ruled Meshes
The RuledMesh command creates a ruled surface between two boundary curves (profiles). The resulting surface is a PolygonMesh.
To create ruled surfaces:
- Click Draw > Mesh > Ruled (or type RuledMesh).
- In the graphics area, select an entity (first defining curve) to define the surface edges. Valid entities include points, Lines, Arcs, Circles, and 2D or 3D PolyLines.
- Select an entity (second defining curve) for the boundary outline. If the entity for the first defining curve is:
- An open entity (such as an Arc or Line), the second entity must be an open entity
- A closed entity (such as a Circle or a closed PolyLine), the second entity must be a closed entity
- A point, the second entity cannot be a point
To create a PolygonMesh, select each entity at the same end. If you select each outline entity at opposite ends, you generate a self-intersecting PolygonMesh.
Menu: Draw > Mesh > Ruled