You can create drawings using predefined templates. Templates act as a basis for your finished work and set up the required drawing environment.
Using drawing templates saves time because you can reuse the elements and settings of an already existing drawing.
- Templates are useful for drawing elements such as logos, title Blocks, frames, boundaries, rulers, guidelines, and views.
- Every drawing requires specific settings for units, snap and grid, and drawing bounds. In templates, you determine these settings according to specific requirements as discussed in Setting Up the Drawing Environment.
- Use templates to set up DimensionStyles and load LineStyles and TextStyles that you frequently use.
- Set local settings that are loaded with the template to standardize drafting and editing defaults.
- Create layers in the template to group drawing entities and assign them colors, LineStyles, and LineWeights.
Creating templates with these elements and parameters ensures that new drawings follow the standards of your company, organization, or industry.