Changing the Length of Entities
Use the EditLength command to change the length of linear or curved entities and the included angle of Arcs. You can lengthen or shorten Lines, open PolyLines, Arcs, elliptical Arcs, and open Splines.
Unlike the Extend and Trim commands, EditLength works without a boundary edge. It extends or trims an entity to a specific value or a ratio of its original size. You can also use dynamic dragging to change the length of entities. The command changes the length of an entity in its existing direction and at the end point closest to the selection point.
To change the length of an entity:
- Click Modify > Change Length (or type EditLength).
- In the graphics area, select an entity or specify an option:
- Dynamic: Lets you specify an entity, drag it to its new length, and click to fix the length.
- Increment: Extends or reduces the endpoint of an entity by the distance you specify using the keyboard or by clicking two points. Specify a positive delta to increase or a negative delta to decrease the length. Specify the Angle option to increase or decrease the included angle.
- Percent: Lengthens or reduces by a defined ratio of the original size. For an Arc, the percentage is based on its circumference. 200% doubles the length of the Line or Arc; 50% reduces it by half.
- Total: Changes the total length of a Line or Arc to the specified dimension. The current length of the specified entity displays in parentheses. Specify the Angle option to increase or decrease the included angle.
Menu: Modify > Change Length