A Spline is a smooth curve that is fit to a set of points. You can create a non-uniform rational B-spline or NURBS curve for any number of fit points. You can also fit the Spline to the specified points within a specified tolerance value.
To construct Splines:
- Click Draw > Spline (or type Spline).
- In the graphics area, click to define the:
- Start point of the Spline or enter a value.
- Next fit point of the Spline or enter a value.
- Do one:
- In the graphics area, click to enter successive points to continue the Spline.
- Specify the Fit tolerance option to define a fit tolerance and click or enter other spline points.
- Press Enter and click in the graphics area to define the tangents at the start and end points of the curve.
- Specify the Close option to close the Spline curve and click in the graphics area to define the tangent to the curve at the closing point.
After you specify a fit tolerance, the fit tolerance applies to all fit points until you change it. Setting the fit tolerance to zero forces the Spline to pass through the fit points.
Note: You can use EditPolyLine to convert a PolyLine to a Spline.
Menu: Draw > Spline