Creating Area Boundaries
You can create an area boundary from existing entities that form a 2D enclosed area.
Use the AreaBoundary command for:
- Area calculations
- Extracting outlines based on temporary constructions
The entities can be a combination of Lines, Arcs, Circles, PolyLines, Ellipses, elliptical Arcs, and Splines. The entities can be in any arrangement as long as the boundary makes an enclosed area without overlap.
To create AreaBoundaries:
- Click Draw > Bound Area (or type AreaBoundary).
- In the dialog box, set options:
- Find nested boundaries: Controls whether the command detects internal closed areas that are completely within the boundary area.
- Under Performance, in Analyze entities, select the set of drawing entities that are analyzed when defining a boundary from a specified point:
- As Displayed: Establishes the boundary set from everything currently visible on the drawing screen.
- Entities specified: Displays the number of specified entities after you click Specify entities to select drawing entities on screen to form the boundary set.
- Under Type, select whether to define the boundary by PolyLine or Region.
Menu: Draw > Bound Area