Creating Linear Dimensions
The LinearDimension command creates horizontal, vertical, and rotated linear Dimensions.
To create linear Dimensions:
- Click Dimension > Linear (or type LinearDimension).
- Specify the first and second extension line origins.
- or -
Press Enter, and specify an entity to dimension. You can specify Lines, PolyLines, Circles, and Arcs. The start and end points of linear entities, or the diameter of circular entities are measured.
- In the graphics area, click to place the dimension lines or specify an option:
- Angle, Note, or Text: See Editing and Formatting Dimension Text. To dimension the real length of Lines not parallel to the X- or Y-axis of the coordinate system, use the ParallelDimension command.
- Horizontal: Creates a horizontal linear Dimension. The horizontal distance between the defining points is measured and the dimension line is parallel to the X-axis.
- Rotated: Creates an oblique Dimension about an angle you specify for the dimension line. The distance between the defining points is measured along the specified rotation (parallel to the oblique dimension line).
- Vertical: Creates a vertical linear Dimension. The vertical distance between the defining points is measured and the dimension line is parallel to the Y-axis.
Menu: Dimension > Linear