Saving Blocks to File
You can write entities, a Block, or an entire drawing to a new drawing file.
You can save a Block or entities as a separate drawing file that you can insert into other drawings.
The ExportDrawing command is similar to the MakeBlock command, but is mainly used to export Blocks, not to define them in the drawing.
To save Blocks to file:
- Click File > Export > Export Drawing (or type ExportDrawing).
- In the dialog box, under Source, select a source to write to file:
- Block: Lets you select an existing Block in the drawing to write to file.
- All entities: Writes the entire drawing to file.
- Selected entities: Writes the entities you select to file.
- Click Specify entities and select entities in the graphics area to make up the Block.
- Select an option:
- Convert to Block: Replaces the source entities with a Reference of the Block definition.
- Do not convert to Block: Leaves the source entities in the drawing as they are.
- Delete: Removes the source entities from the drawing.
The insertion base point is also used as the base for changing the Block's scale and rotation.
Menu: File > Export > Export Drawing