Inserting a Block in a Rectangular Pattern
Use the InsertBlockN command to insert multiple copies of a Block or external drawing in a pattern, arranged in rows and columns.
To insert multiple copies of a Block or drawing in a rectangular pattern:
- Type InsertBlockN at the command prompt.
- Type the name of the Block or drawing to insert, or specify the ? option to view the Blocks defined in the current drawing.
- Type the base point for the insertion.
- Type the X scale or click in the graphics area to set the opposite corner. Press Enter to confirm 1.0 as scale factor.
- Type the Y scale. Press Enter to use the value equal to the X scale factor.
- Type a rotation angle.
- Type the number of rows to insert.
- Type the number of columns to insert.
- Type the distance between the rows and the distance between the columns.
- - or -
- Specify a unit cell in the graphics area by two opposite points or type X and Y values.
- The Block or external drawing appears in a rectangular pattern.
You cannot explode Blocks inserted with the InsertBlockN command. However, you can edit uniformly scaled Blocks inserted with the InsertBlockN command using the EditComponent command.