Constructing Polygon Face Meshes
Use the PolyFace command to create 3D PolygonMeshes of arbitrary topology and surface properties.
Note: Although the PolyFace command is rarely used as an explicit command in drawings, it provides an easy way to generate meshes by applications based on 3D point lists, like surveying measurement points. The command is used primarily in scripts to construct general polygon face meshes.
To create polygon face meshes:
- Type PolyFace at the command prompt.
- In the graphics area, click each vertex and press Enter.
- Determine the faces by specifying which vertex number is on each face of the polygon face mesh, or specify an option:
- LineColor: Specify a color number or name for the current face.
- Layer: Type a layer name for the current face.
Do not confuse polygon face meshes created with the PolyFace command with PolygonMeshes created with the Mesh command.