Setting the Active LineWeight
Use the LineWeight command to set the LineWeight for new entities. LineWeight defines how thick or thin entities appear.
The LineWeight of entities does not change when you zoom in or out. LineWeights are not meant to represent real world units. Use PolyLines to draw wide 2D entities that reflect real world units.
Note: You cannot assign LineWeights to Point entities, Text with TrueType font, Solid entities (2D solid fills), or raster image references.
To set the LineWeight:
- Click Format > Line Weight (or type LineWeight).
In the Options dialog box, the Drafting Styles page opens and Line Weight expands.
- In Line weight, select a numeric value or select:
- ByBlock: Sets the LineWeight for new entities to the default LineWeight until you include them in a Block.
- ByLayer: Sets the LineWeight based on the LineWeight of the active layer. ByLayer lets you set different LineWeights for different layers.
- Default: Sets the LineWeight to the Default weight. Entities created using the default LineWeight are adjusted if you change the Default weight (see below).
Menu: Format > Line Weight